Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Bear that Started it All

My very first FO.

Introducing the Bear that Started it All


I picked up a little book to go with the gift since I had to go to the bookstore anyway to pick up Breaking Dawn.

Pattern: Benji Bear
Yarn: Red Heart for the white, green, and yellow; unknown for the pink. PS - I am starting out with my sisters yarn stash (she's 14 and had a yarn obsession FOREVER, but she gladly gave me some for my first couple projects). No idea how much since I started with leftovers.
Needle Size: My size 10 straight needles
Time Period: July 21st to July 31st
For: Riley Smith (My darling step cousins baby, due in November).


The front of this adorable bear... he was way bigger than I expected!

Mods: Only in the color, I gave him a sweater. Started six rows past the join. Stripes are 4 rows thick and I started with the sleeve color so it would line up well, which it did. Although, the five strands up at the top were a little difficult to manage.



The back of the sweater... the hardest part.

Verdict: Sweet Deal... for my first real project outside a scarf, and I hope I can re-work this pattern to be at a smaller scale. Also, the head was a little taller than wide and that threw of my perception of it, so I think I need to modify that on my next go around.


<3>

0 comments: