Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Everything and Anything

Count, Count, Count, repeat. That's what I've been doing for the past two days at work. I love my internship, really, but I feel like I'm back to being, ohhh, 8, when for nearly forever I was into embroidery, but could not read a pattern without marking it. Now, I'm marking building tiles with multi-colored highlighters, then counting how many I marked. One side of this building has almost a 1000 big tiles, and 9000 small tiles. That's a heck of a lot of counting. 3 1/2 more days.

Second, Ravelry. I got my account on Monday morning! Hooray! Welcome, new addiction. Besides being obsessed with knitters blogs, now I have a bajillion patterns to ooh and ahh and plan over. 1 day, and I already have 12 things in my queue. This is bad. I go back to school in 10 days...

Third, School. More accurately, school shopping. Which I thought I had finished. Two craft stores, Staples, and Wendy's in one afternoon says differently. Note, being an architecture major is dangerous. It involves me being in close proximity while school shopping to craft items. Look what i bought when I was trying to buy a sketchbook, 2 colored pencils, an Xacto and a triangle.


Some soft, TLC baby in these cute colors.



This fantasticly smooth yarn that my mom made me buy because it was on sale and she touched it. And thought it was amazing.



Bonus! Jars for some of our shells. By some, I mean a tiny portion. My sister and I filled five and we still have a ton left. Did I mention my sister has a HUGE vase that she filled sometime last year? Yea, we have a lot of shells. But, mother was creative and found some candle holders to act as lids, since we didn't want any dust getting in. So, now they are my NOT candle holders since candles are COMPLETELY PROHIBITED at school *giggle giggle hide the candles from the RA*

And I have to go back tonight. AC Moore has photo boxes wicked cheap and I use them for everything, from my hardcover book dust covers to bills and paperwork to *hopefully* some finished knitting projects to keep them safe. Note - attempt to keep room clean and organized for at least PART of the semester. Plus I am going to buy some Lily Sugar n' Cream for a market bag. I want one for yarn and if I like them, maybe I will make some more so we save 5 cents a bag on our food shopping. Hey, 20 or 30 cents each week adds up to... 3.00 or 4.00... that buys like, I dno, something!

And finally, the stash picture. Remember how I told you that my sister has untold amounts of Red Heart Super Saver yarn? Well, Here's the picture. Apparently I am not allowed to take the pink and purple almost full skeins to school. And, I found 4 more 1/4 skeins after I took this.


Look at all this! I think she has every color known to man.

I can see me making lots and lots of hats with this mess. Lots and lots of hats.

Finally, Vine Lace hat was supposed to be done last night. However, that was before my friends decided that we should try and watch the meteor shower. Approx. 2 hours after this decision was made, it proceeded to rain. And Lightning. And Thunder. Continually. So, no meteor shower, but a nice evening watching youtube madness and the daily show. Plus yummies. So, hopefully I will finish that tonight, and maybe start that bag. Really. How else am I going to find my projects up at school?

0 comments: