Friday, August 8, 2008

A bit of FRIDAY!

So I spent my lunch hour knitting the Mini Bear... woohoo, six rows. I am a ridiculously slow knitter. To be fair, it was the complicated part with the sleeves and the cast offs and what not, but still, I need to do better.

Goals for tonight: Knit up the head of Mini bear so I can have the front completely done AND have my 7 circulars back. Then I want to attempt to cast on a hat (Vine Lace I think, I kind of like complicated patterns to follow) on some dpns so I can take it to the city with me tomorrow. Mother got tickets for Cirque Dreams and even though we are probably in the last row like we have been for the last 2 plays we've seen (The Drowsy Chaperone w/ Mr. Bob Saget, and Young Frankenstein, sadly without Ms. Mullally), it still should be INCREDIBLE. But, since it involves an hour and half train ride in and back out to island, I definitely want something I can knit without having to bring two skeins. But this will be my first attempt at DPNs so we will see. PS, I'm doing this all while watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, which NBC has forced me to wait 12 hours for. Really NBC? Couldn't you figure out a way to put a bazillion ads on a live stream so I could watch it at work this morning? So sad.

In other news, girls night was fun... we saw The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2... my darling friend Meghan and her mom tagged along too, so it was quite an adventure. Plus the cutest Movie I've seen since Wall-E... I mean, who doesn't love Greece... and Greek Men... ooohh la la

<3> Ciao!

PS - I am working on getting better pics... my camera's screen hasn't felt like working for the last 3 months, so I've been shooting blind... like, I dno, I was stuck in the 90s with a 35 mm... but I'm set up my Flickr account and I'm learning (outside photos!). So, we'll see...

0 comments: