Thursday, August 7, 2008

So some goals

So, in order to not to completely lose track of goal, I am going to list some goals. A lot of this stems from thinking about my Junior Year service project. We are required to do a community service project as part of the honors program at my university. So, I came up with this idea. Now, I have to convince my roommates to do it with me, as it has to be a group project. But, even if they out vote me and we go with something else, this is what I would like to do.

To donate to a neonatal unit in Rhode Island:

hats
booties/socks
mini teddy bears (either for the babies or for anxious big brothers and sisters)

I want to put together a box of them sometime in January, because I think that sounds like a reasonable goal. Actually, I would like them to be done by the first day of spring classes, January 28th. (Side note, can you believe I have 6 1/2 weeks off for winter break this year? It's pretty much ridiculous considering we are starting classes really early this fall and really late in the spring. Hopefully the boss will take back this lovely intern or I will be extremely bored and extremely poor) I am not going to specify how many of each, although I am hoping for at least 5 or 6.

What I have already:

1 hat

OTN:

1 mini teddy bear (a shrunk down pattern I am working on based loosely on the pattern I used for the full size shower gift).

I plan on posting some pictures, however, I can't really do that at work without my camera with me, so hopefully I will get a chance tonight. Well, maybe. The Sisterhood 2 is on the agenda for tonight so that may severely limit my blogging/knitting time.


Other goals:

Learn a variety of knitting techniques. Numero Uno on this list? Knitting in the round on DPNs. I'd really like to be able to make socks. And seamless hats. Yea. That's definately my next project.

Finish one or two things for myself. Like a bag for my knitting ;-).

Save up to buy some relaly nice yarn for a shrug for me... I have a white one that has basically fallen apart over the past year and it was a pain in the arse to find in the first place. So, I am going to make one. Maybe to wear to my sisters Sister's Sweet 16. Next summer.

Meet other knitters. Because, really, I like to talk to people. I mean, it's been about a week since I discovered knitters had blogs and I have been obsessively reading for that week (well, except when I was reading Breaking Dawn. ObviouslyEdward trumps everything.)

So, now that I have produced a ridiculously long post, I should probably go back to work.

<3 Katie

0 comments: