Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hell of a Day


SO let's talk about my awesome day...

First, Cirque Dreams. AMAZING. Let me tell you, I had 8 years of very unsuccessful gymanstics lessons, and I can attest that the things these guys and gals do is RIDICULOUS... plus this thing vaguely had a plot, a fantastic singer that made it very Broadway-esque, and a very attractive adventurer who spent half the show without a shirt on. Who can ask for more? Plus, even though my mom bought seats 4 rows from the back of the balcony, we ended up moving up like 6 or 7 more rows and had a perfect view. Plus afterwards, Bubba Gump. Yum!

Second, OLYMPICS. Let me explain how much I love them. A LOT. I am not exactly a sports loving gal. I have been known to watch world series games (or all of them when your roommates team ends up sweeping them) and Super Bowls (hooray for beating New England!). I've also been known to attend the occasional high school football game and college basketball game in the name of music (aka - I'm with the band). But, do I seek out sports on TV? I might leave on some ice skating or gymnastics if I find them on at 3 pm on Sunday, but I'm definately not the type to follow players and revolve my life around a sports schedule. That being said, I am addicted to the Olympics. The team play, the ADD like coverage of every sport known to man, the super annoying lack of coverage provided by NBC. I can't stop. Basketball, soccer, gymnastics, swimming, beach volleyball, badminton, repeat. Americans, non-Americans, who cares! I even watched equestrian today. I am in love.

Ok, knitting. I have 13 rows of my Vine Lace Hat.


Isn't it pretty with the pink trim?

It's quite difficult to use the wrong yarn on tiny, tiny needles. But the knitting in the round on the DPNs hasn't been too bad. Yay for no all purl rows.

Finally, a FO.

Introducing the Ripple Eyelet Baby Hat


Can you tell I have a thing for colored borders?

Pattern: Ripple Eyelet Baby Hat
Yarn: Red Heart medium worsted for the white and yellow. PS - Seriously, I will take a picture and show you in how many different colors my sister has this yarn. It is ridiculous. Of coarse, she only used to make braids. And I only used a very, very little.
Needle Size: My size 10 straights for the white part, my size 7 circulars for the yellow (not knit in the round)
Time Period: July 31st to Aug 2nd (6 hours)
For: Donation. Size newborn-3 months
Mods: Color, and number of rows before decrease. I added the yellow as an accent color for the first work through of the pattern. I cast on for the newborn size, 73 stitches, but ended the pattern after the yellow section and two work-throughs in white, a little less than the requisite length since it was looking big. Followed with typical decrease pattern.
Notes: Awesome Hat, especially since it is not knit in the round. Next plan, adapt it to knit in the round. Shouldn't be hard, just reverse the purl rows to knit rows and eliminate the seam allowance. However, the seam is subtle enough that I could totally knit this flat again. :-)

Plus, I finished the front of the Mini Bear. But it might become the back. We'll see.

0 comments: